Monday 21 April 2014

Nurgle

I want you  to try and think back, my little friend.
No, no, don't worry, I won't hurt you.
There's no need for me to raise a finger.
All I want to do is talk to you.

Have you ever felt sadness in your life? I'm not talking about ordinary, run of the mill sadness, like missing out on something you want. Think back, my friend, think back to a time when you were sure your life was over. Think of a time when your heart was broken, and you lay, your dreams leaking out of your eyes and pooling in empty puddles around your feet. Sadness where you were sure your soul would be scarred, this time, when you're sure that death would be better than this.

Be brave, I know you can find it.

How did you deal with it, little friend? Did you promise yourself to do better? Did you dream of a tomorrow where your life would be magically turned around? Or did you simply grit your teeth and pray with blind hope that everything would somehow be ok?

How's that working out for you?

There are gods who will preach about hope. There are gods that will speak of indulgence, or claim that passion and strength make life worth living. They're all afraid, you see. It's in the nature of all things to reject emptiness and oblivion, but I won't feed you comfortable lies. I won't deceive you to get you on my side, because, quite honestly, I don't need you. But I do care about you. I respect you enough to tell you the truth that all life is afraid to hear.

The simple fallacy we are fed from our birth to our death is that every little agony, every little loss and pain, is worth it, somehow balanced by the amount of beauty there is to be experienced in the world. Ask yourself truly, really, deep down if you think that's true. You can lie to me, and I won't blame you for it. Lie to yourself, if it makes you feel better, but when you come to me in the end, choking out your last on some god-forsaken rock, you'll know I'm right. I'm doing you a favor telling you this, because if you think that there's a happy ending to this story, you're in for a rude surprise.

Quite honestly, my little friend, it breaks my heart to see you like this. I have seen every speck of life in the cosmos, from the greatest beast to the tiniest microbe, and I have seen them waste their lives away, chasing programmed desires like propagation, assuring the curse of life will spread to the next generation. All this, just for some meaning. Just to escape the grim reality that life is a curse.

I don't blame you, really, it's difficult to accept the truth. The longer you live, the more you will suffer, it is a simple fact, and yet, an entire pantheon has risen against me, raging futilely in an uncaring cosmos. My brothers and sisters think they are separate, but in truth they are just another aspect of the great cancer of life, and they fear death as much as any being. Khorne believes he can avert death, selfishly feeding others into its maw in a hypocritical and ultimately useless attempt to escape. Slaanesh can fuck itself raw, believing that it can outrun the cold, forever to distract itself with meaningless pleasure. Tzeentch.....well, he's the worst of the lot. All he has ever done is propagate the lie. Tzeentch will tell you that there's just a little bit more, that there's always something over the horizon. I hate to burst your bubble kid, but there isn't.

So what should you do? I mean you're trapped in this prison of rotting flesh, you might as well do something. Some of my followers kill themselves. While I don't begrudge them their release, I find that attitude selfish. There are so many people that you can help while you're here, sending yourself into death's jaws prematurely just helps yourself. Still, some people can't bear the burden, so I don't hold it against them, My advice, little one? Shred all attachments. Burn all emotion. If nothing holds you to this world, nothing can ever hurt you again right? Accept that all things will go, and hell, might as well destroy them yourself before someone else takes them away right? Hurting, sadness and pain are all just symptoms of attachment, and that's what I'm here to help you let go of. Feel free to give others the release of death, but remember, there isn't any use in hating them. They're scared, just the same as you. Free them from their false lives with mercy, and know that you did the right thing.

I do my part, but in the end its up to you. I have many other lives to touch, and many other people I need to give the truth. We'll meet again, though, my little friend. Remember, in all the universe, no matter how bad things get, I will never abandon you. Love fades and rots, anger burns out, and hope is revealed for the lie it is. In despair, in the warm, dark, carrion stench, I'll be there, ready to stick to you and drag you down, where there is no light, coldness or feeling. I'll stick to your soul and weigh you down until there's nothing left, and in the end, you'll come to Papa Nurgle's embrace.
'
It's ok, little friend, I don't need you to accept any of this yet. Think about it. Wisdom comes with time, I always say, and I have all the time in the universe for you to see things my way.

In the end, everything comes to their Papa.

- Kephn

No comments:

Post a Comment